Revolution Strategy is a boutique, full-service marketing communications agency located in the heart of Saint John, New Brunswick’s creative and historic uptown. Our agency also incubates startups that develop TV shows (like “Real Houses Of…”) and leading-edge media companies (like Civilized), with our sister office in Los Angeles.
Revolution is looking for a Senior Art Director based in Saint John, New Brunswick.
You’ll help us deliver exceptional work to our clients with your innovative ideas, strategic design and a whole lot of flair. We’re looking for someone who embraces the unconventional and can deliver balanced and crisp creative. You’re on top of trends, and can apply them to the screen, the page and other media. Whether it’s a full-blown campaign, an arresting poster or an infographic, you bring your best design game.
What you will do:
- Lead, create and deliver graphic design that is eye-catching, inspiring and strategic.
- Design, develop and produce communication and marketing materials for multiple clients.
- Projects may include logo and brand identity, collateral material, websites, ads (traditional & digital), direct mail, email, outdoor, vehicle graphics, presentations and other items as needed.
- Maintain individual clients’ brand guidelines as well as strategic and messaging objectives.
- Work with a range of media, and keep current with emerging technologies.
- Demonstrate illustrative skills with rough sketches and other forms of draft creative.
- Contribute to design briefs that suit the client's objectives.
- Along with other members of the team, meet with clients to discuss new concepts and problem solving strategies as needed.
- Confidently present final ideas and products to clients, with strong rationale.
- Maintain a well-organized library of assets (client files, logos, photos templates, etc.)
- Collaborate with photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists on content production.
- Estimate the time required to complete a job to inform budgets and schedules.
- Maintain accurate time records and documentation for billings.
What qualities you have and what you’ve done:
- Completion of a post-secondary program in fine arts, graphic design or equivalent
- 5+ years experience working in a creative/design role within a professional environment
- Experience designing a range of products from logos, brochures and ads, to responsive websites and social media content
- Obsessive attention to detail and a love of pixel-perfect designs
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to think creatively and strategically under pressure and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Sense of humour
- Self-motivated and curious
If this sounds intriguing, and you’re interested in being part of a dynamic, fast-paced, creative team in a growing industry, we want to meet you.
Please apply with your resume and tailored cover letter to our firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Art Director as the subject by Friday, October 12, 2018.